God writes a lot of comedy... the trouble is, he's stuck with so many bad actors who don't know how to play funny. - Garrison Keillor

Saturday, October 20, 2012

People...

People people people.

I met lots of people through my course of life. Some are interesting, some are weird and some are just plain rude. These people somehow became my friends. Good and healthy relationships between friends is important. Why? A healthy relationship helps you to see the other side of you & learning new things. Toxic relationships is where it sucks the life of you mentally & emotionally. 

On this post, I'm finally going to talk about the toxic relationships I have with these toxic people. 

These toxic people are good people but their conversations are mainly gossips and nothing positive. The first thing they want to talk you when they see you is about other people's business. They hardly say anything positive. Hardly. Sometimes I think they live by feeding off on gossips. I can tolerate gossips but I cannot tolerate a prolong type of gossips where I hear it almost everyday. That's depressing. Why you have to do that? 

I'm also a human and of course I could not escape that deadly curse. I do gossips but I don't do it all time and that's not the first thing I like to talk in morning with you. When someone starts it, my mood goes from happy to depress. I cannot tolerate depressing topics. I like to talk about random things & anything uplifting or motivating. Whenever these people starts to gossips, I just listen and be quiet or act just like them. But I don't wanna be them and I can't ignore them. I blame myself for being so gossipy nowadays because I now I can avoid all of that. 

These people tend to forget about how others would feel and what state they're in. This girl has been bashed like crazy because of something and when I heard what really happened, I felt guilty & sympathized. Why I felt guilty? I got carried away by these toxic people. Why I sympathized? She went through a hard time and has no one she can lean on. 

These toxic people can really influence you until you become one of them. I tried to refrain myself from gossiping, ranting & complaining but since I hung out with them I automatically do everything. I'm scared for myself and what I've become. Gossiping, ranting & complaining aren't fun. It's energy draining. I constantly remind myself I should not spend time on gossiping, ranting & complaining and whatever unnecessary thing come across my mind, I should keep it to myself. 

A wise bird told me "something better left unsaid". It is true. You can't just talk about everything and left nothing for the mystery.   

No comments: